Virtual SAP Training Attendee Information
Virtual learning is an option from ERPtips University.
You can now sign up for the same live
public SAP training
at our training facility in Boulder, Colorado, yet attend from the comfort of your own location.
We've always been fans of live classroom training. So, why have we decided to offer virtual training?
The answer is: it's what our customers not only want, but need. Our research has shown that:
- SAP clients need more configuration training in order to more efficiently resolve issues in-house and improve business processes.
- Many SAP clients stopped training their staff after they went live with SAP. For some, that was years ago and those trained have long since left.
- Companies have drastically slashed travel budgets so any training that involves airfare, hotel, car rental, and meals is less likely to be approved.
- Virtual training is increasingly becoming the option for training in a recession economy. For many companies, there are fewer employees doing more work.
- It's a Catch-22. Employees need more knowledge to do their jobs more efficiently, but they can't take time away from work to gain the additional knowledge.
Given these realities, we didn't feel comfortable jumping into virtual training until we could verify
that our students would complete our virtual classes with the same competencies and knowledge they would
have attained had they attended the class in person.
To test this new approach, we conducted several pilot classes over the summer that included both classroom
and virtual students. The results were what we hoped for; both groups were pleased with the learning experience:
"This class was my first virtual training experience and it was truly positive and memorable. In fact this
class was better than most on-site classes I have attended in the Chicago area. Jocelyn is an excellent
instructor with great communication skills and multiple implementation experiences which she shared willingly
during the class. With virtual training available today, the key to a great training experience is the instructor
and class participation. It's all there."
Sunil Chainani, SAP Project Manager
There are benefits to both methods of training; it all depends on your learning preferences and style:
- At a training center, you are able to interact outside of class with other students and learn how other companies handle similar situations. You are away from everyday work distractions, hence your focus is better maintained on what you're there to learn.
- Virtual training, on the other hand, provides you with an opportunity to increase your skills, without additional travel costs that can equal 50% of the tuition. Your travel time is limited to your normal commute time; or no time at all if you attend from home.
- Have you ever been in a classroom and noticed other students zoning out? That is actually less likely to occur when the instructors are focused on engaging virtual students and the students know they are even more responsible for their own learning.
Bottom line: you can now attend ERPtips University either at our training facility or virtually. Either
way, you'll benefit from the same experienced instructors, detailed manuals and opportunities to
participate and ask questions. You choose the location that works best for you.
Interview with Arnie Jung on SAP's virtual training.